Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ahh.. it's good to be back

it's been a long time since i wrote a post. i've been seriously distracted by life -- which is probably a good sign. i moved to yet another new city .. in this one you don't need air conditioning, thankfully! (Dean Martin says he left his heart here and you're supposed to wear a flower in your hair if you come here) For the past couple months, I've also been busy studying for a silly exam that i finally took yesterday. So, i feel liberated, finally! woohoo!

ok, my friends seem to think that i have a random and uncanny knack for meeting European men.. especially while on the bus. well, they seem to be on to something, because guess what happened to me tonight! yes, you guessed it. i met a European man. this time it was after taking the subway, while waiting for the bus. he asked if i'd prefer to walk with him than wait and take the bus, and of course i did.

it was quite a fantastic walk. we talked about all sorts of stuff. at one point he realized that he recognized me from the neighborhood- said he had seen me riding my bike before. said that i was "sparkle-ingly simplistic." he seemed fascinated for some reason. (!) imagine that. an intriguingly complex guy interested in my simplicity.

is this a case of opposites attracting? well, who knows. i don't think of myself as simple, or of being well endowed in simplicity. maybe he can see something in me that i don't even notice, myself. kind of like needing a proof-reader for something you wrote and have been editing forever -- a new set of eyes can see things much more easily that you may have overlooked time and time again.

No comments: